Wednesday 4 June 2008

Update, as of 4th June

Hi all,

I have now confirmed with Toxteth TV our green screen booking for Monday 16th. So this gives us one locked off production milestone we need to meet. I agree we need at least a St Helens team meeting. I suggest Monday 10th at 1:30 in C431. I'm in assessment boards after that on Tues, Wed and Thurs. It would also be a good time for Dave Bentick to meet you all, I will be meeting him at 12:30 and it would make sense to get him involved straight away. Jo, if you're free then feel free to come along.

The kids are staying late tonight behind at school to work on the story. I've asked for the story to be with us by Wednesday at the latest (Monday at the best) for us to storyboard and list the shots we will need. Adam and I will storyboard the shots. I think we will also need a final production meeting with us all on Friday 13th (I'm not superstitious) to finalise everything for the 16th.

To put everyone's mind at rest as to what we can achieve as a final result: I have asked Jo to allow the kids to use their imaginations as to what they want in writing the story. Filming of this in its entirety will most likely be problematic. The more detailed their story idea is will give us an opportunity to film the parts that will work on screen, using the facilities we have, in the time available. The end result may be a short film 2-3 minutes or an extended trailer (30sec-1min) highlighting the best bits of the story. We can't make that decision until we see the story.

I'll be freer on Friday from assessing if, Matt, you want to come in and we can have a design meeting?

How is everyone (St Helens crew) fixed for a meeting on Monday?

1 comment:

  1. dave, just e-mailed you regarding the header & meetings.
    -matt

    ReplyDelete