Tuesday 24 June 2008

Concept skies

Yo,

I thought I'd show some basic sky concepts. I'm engaging Jose Flores to work on the sky animations. A very talented student, currently he is working in the Brighton Sony Computer Entertainment office so he will be working remotely. I've just put these together to help him visualise what the skies will be like. They are based upon the concept paintings that Dave Ball sourced. The redness is not right yet but it is enough for him to work on. I am emailing him a revised storyboard where I have added the skies to the sketches.

3 comments:

  1. All i can say is at the end of the day we just need to make sure that it is clear that we are using this artsit as referance and doesn't look in the slightist that we have ripped/modifided it.

    The reason I say this is that I watch this artsit on gallery site and his art work is repeatability stolen, he has got it copyrighted and go after everyone he and his watcher find.

    I know that we're not going to steal his work its just that hes rather 'sue happy' most times to say the least ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the blog is private so only we will see this development, you can't copyright the sky in general lol.
    I think Dave B referenced the original artist a while back, and those comps Dave W (So many daves) has posted look like recoloured versions of Jose's AE skies not the digital illustrations anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good that you are being aware of Copyright and IPR. The artist is reference. The skies in the roughs are Jose's own skies just manipulated in PhotoShop. So no worries there as it will be Jose who will be using his own work.

    Don't worry I will double check everything is clean before it goes live.

    ReplyDelete