Wednesday 25 June 2008

Parkour Poem

Sorry to keep posting random crap, I'm at home waiting for a client to send me info for a proper job so I'm trying to fill my time with possibly useful stuff...

Just found this on a parkour forum, it is someone's signature.
I think something short and simple like this would be perfect for an introduction, not too verbose but it gives an insight as to why traceurs practice what they do and almost like a uniting mission statement/maxim. If we want something like this perhaps between us we could come up with something similar though I'm not sure it should be altered for the sake of it; and I might be better e-mailing the author and asking for the right to use it and credit them? The only line I'm not so keen on is the scars part because from what I've read you shouldn't really be putting your body through things it can't handle and getting injured?

"The World. My Playground.

The Streets. My Home.
The Architecture. My Inspiration.
The Fear. My Motivation.
The Sweat, the Scars, the Pain. My Proof.
My Name. Traceur."

-Casey Kandel

source:

http://www.americanparkour.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,159/topic,8813.msg104863/

No comments:

Post a Comment