Monday 9 June 2008

Some concept images

Apologies I won't be able to attend today but I'll see you all on friday, what time?

Anyway...
Dave asked me to comp together some concept images that may be of use when storyboarding and planning the environment.

I need to retrace my steps and find the copyrights for the original images (just off google for now), some sit better with the photos than others (the longer shots) and in terms of physics and lighting are well off but the idea was just to try and create a few different moods.





































































Header version... (I forget which number we're on, 5?)

Dave mentioned the photo in the last one didn't scream parkour so this side on vault photo is more suited I reckon. Dave don't forget to check the 'customise' options on your blog and see what dimensions it needs, mine says it will downscale to 660 wide but the main one is wider.








The narrative sounds good, very exciting, sounds like dave and jenny are in for a challenge haha. I'm trying to find some stock comp images of indoor decayed environments to do some concepts that might be a bit more like the story but not having much joy for some reason, if anyone finds any either link me, post them here or upload them to the flickr account.

Cheers, matt

3 comments:

  1. those images are exactly what I had in mind, you have the atmosphere and the environment down to a tee!! Obviously I will check with the lads tomorrow though and feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Friday's meeting is at 11:30 in C431.

    I'll be bringing a draft of our working storyboard.

    Dave Bentick will bring his blue screen composition tests

    Jenny and Dave Ball will bring paper-based roughs of the environment

    Your concepts will be a good starting point for Jenny and Dave's ideas.

    See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. roger that. found some great photos on gettyimages so I'm just comping a few more concepts together that look a lot better than the last lot.

    There's a load of photos on the flickr account now that will be of use for dave and jenny when they start modelling and texturing ('ll repost that in the main blog when I put more images up incase they miss it).

    ReplyDelete