Monday 9 June 2008

Some more concept images

Can everyone who wants access to my blog please send me an email at froj2002@hotmail.com. Because I now have so much copyright material and pictures of the lads on it I've made it private so I'll have to invite anyone who wants to look from now on. I got an e-mail the other day (sorted now) because I hadn't credited one of the research images on my blog so I need to cover myself.

These images are from gettyimages.com, it's a stock photo/video/music site which states I'm allowed to use the low res images for comping/concept. I grabbed a load of similar photos of interior and exteriors that may be of use to anyone modeling and texturing (while I remember, some cool free grunge/texture sites:

http://urbandirty.com/
http://www.cgtextures.com/

Anyway, onto the images. I think these are more effective in most areas than the first lot but as references for atmosphere and mood I think the first ones are more successful. In any case, one thing Dave and I both noticed was a lot of the images of post apocalyptic scenes were very desaturated which adds to the bleak mood, and as an added bonus it makes things much much easier to comp together in photoshop and I assume any other software as you don't have to worry so much about colour sitting together, just the light and dark tones really.

-Matt







2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,

    dave@bazaar.me.uk

    Good bit of IPR thinking there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all I do is say wow that looks amazing but Matt it really is fantastic. You are completely on our wavelength!

    ReplyDelete