Tuesday 27 May 2008

New blog header (rough)

Hi all, dave w has asked me to design a new blog header to replace the rather uninspiring green squares up there ^^^ so in between sorting through about 500 photos for stock, planting herbs (for cooking!) and eurovision parties (last place, again, at least wogan was on form) I've been reading up a bit on freerunning/parkour (is it 2 things or just have 2 names?) over the bank holiday.

I don't have too much to draw upon except years of skateboarding in my teens, I notice a lot of the photography techniques are similar but am concerned about using the same anti-establishment/rough imagery associated with it because obviously this project is about promoting the activity in the opposite . Does anyone know of any good magazines/websites/dvds/books about freerunning and/or the culture (if it has one as such)?

On the skating note, I just remembered a video I was supposed to post here weeks ago that I sent to dave. Some interesting green(board)screen techniques used in the Girl video Yeah Right that's worth a watch...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4cPWCaRWe0w


Obviously the best research is first hand so when we get together on thursday I'll have a much better feel about where the project is heading and how everyone feels it should be displayed visually. The first thing that jumped out at me was the connection between free running and flowing water but apart from that I'm pretty much just doodling, so let me know what you think...



Cheers, see you thurs, Matt

2 comments:

  1. Hi Matt, Cheers for posting that. Check out a previous post for some freerunning info Free Running / Parkour Definined

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt its Jen. On Thrusday Dave can answer all your questions since he free runs himself. As for the name just to let you know call it which ever you want. Free running is the basic name that everyone understands, Parkour is more like a proffesinal name.

    ReplyDelete