Wednesday 21 May 2008

Plan B & Plan D as well as Plan C

Hi Jo, et al (including Adam who has now been given author rights to this blog),

Plan D: Toxteth TV
I have received this email reply from Toxteth TV which can form Plan D:

"Hi Dave,

We have a green screen which I am told is just the same as a blue screen, I would need to know exactly what you need....for instance will you need lighting with the screen, if you do then you will need to use our technician and I am afraid we would have to charge you as they are only employed when we have a studio booking and paid accordingly.If you just wish to use the space with the house lights then I would only charge 50% of the usual costs which would be £7.50 per hour +vat. The cost of the studio with a technician is normally £250 per day + vat for 8 hours, I could reduce this cost to £175 + vat .Please let me know if this is of any use,

Kind Regards"


Obviously there is a financial cost here. What do you and Adam think about this facility?

Plan B: ICDC

I will pop into ICDC to recce their green screen facility on Friday to check suitabilty/availability.

Plan C: St Helens College Blue Screen

Adam and I had a chat with Millard last night and we have the space probably available. So I think next Thursday is certainly on. The day will only be about test shots, taking footage to evaluate what we can do on a proper shoot in June. Maybe we could even shoot the kids going through some moves elsewhere for research. Adam has some really positive ideas. But I'll let him blog them (over to you Adam)...

Jocan you bring some crash mats with you and let me know when you can get here. Now that it is at college we can potentially have between 9:30 and 5:00.

Matt, Dave and Jenny can you remember to pick up a CRB form from me to complete.

I think that's all for now.

PS: Jo I've given you Admin rights to this blog so you can add your students' emails to the permissions page to allow them to read the blog. Click Customize > Settings > Permissions from the main blog page.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave,

    Thats great thanks for that! Thursday at St Helens College sounds great is a 10am start ok? I will organise the crash mats no problem! Toxteth TV sounds great, maybe we could check out the scale of it etc before booking, I know we could use some of the Biennial money to pay for it. I will chase up the Edge Hill link aslo just to compare. Perhaps we could decide when we meet next week on dates and which avenue to go down. Thanks for all of your work, see you soon....Oh and the work last night was fab!!

    ReplyDelete