Saturday 31 May 2008

Revised Header


Like Dave said this will change many times through the project incorporating different elements as we develop them, but I think this looks cooler for now, bit grungier to fit the newly realised theme but a bit cleaner aswell. The stylised lines were something I was thinking of for the mograph stuff to tie everything together.

Dave any feedback would be great and then I'll send it to you to actually put up there.

I've had a couple of comments on the photos on the flickr account from the lads so it's good to see them getting involved, don't forget to set up a blog here to throw ideas around on for the narrative etc.

*edit - just found a site with some illustrations of parkour, more on my blog. I'm currently researching any visual representation of parkour and freerunning online as I like to have lots of source material to inspire my work (both good and bad, so I can see what I don't want it to end up like). Anyway even though this is an illo it has an interesting angle and could be useful for storyboard ideas...

[deleted]

I also found a nice, erm, poem?
maybe something like this could be used in the titles to set the scene and anticipation (found this on deviantart, just going back cos there were a lot of images - again, will post more on my blog if anyone's interested)

How to explain, for one who doesn't know
Who hasn't experienced the way,
The life of a traceur, the path of silence

We move where others dare not go
Across rooftops and through dark alleys

Being fluid as water, always preserving the flow
Leaping, Climbing, Vaulting
All tools of the art used to craft the masterpiece

That one run, where everything fits
Each landing precise, every gap cleared

This is the goal of traceurs everywhere
To move swiftly and with purpose
No tricks, no flash, that is not the way

Glory is not to be found
Money is not to be made

However, one can find peace of mind
For every obstacle becomes conquerable
Nothing stands in the way of a traceur

**edit again - just uploaded a whole mess of images to the flickr account grabbed from deviantart (which means they range from pretty cool to pretty grim, but they all help)


- Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment