Friday 30 May 2008

Flickr photos & yesterday

My turn :)

Really enjoyed yesterday, good to meet everyone and has got loads more ideas buzzing round my head now I have a better understanding of where the project is heading.

I've just set up a Flickr account, rather than have everyone sign up to yahoo, create their own flickr account and add me as a friend, you might as well all just have the username and password to access and add photos if you wish.
Jo if you haven't already uploaded yours maybe you could put them there so all the images are in the same place?
If you have accounts or can be bothered creating one feel free to add me, although I have no clue how you'd go about it.
(Despite the account name it's not my personal account, and the hotmail used to set it up isn't my proper one either, would have called the account something else if I had of known how awkward it is to share privately...)

www.flickr.com


account name: deleted
password: deleted

For obvious reasons I didn't want to just make it a public account even if the link would only be posted here.

Following Dave's post, I think the narrative is cool and the visuals are great, there's tonnes of research material to look at for that kind of thing (including every zombie film ever made, most recently I am legend?) Children of men has some good stuff too (although I wouldn't advise watching the film, never really gets anywhere).

I also posted this in a reply comment to him regarding the music, incase anyone missed the subcomments...

The music will have to be another discussion I think, don't forget we can't use copyright music so thats dragonforce out. if they end up wanting fast metal/hardcore (I'm not sold on the power/speed metal thing tbh, I'm not sure it fits) then it's just a case of looking through local (or further afield) unsigned bands on myspace, sending them a message and they'll all probably jump at the chance.


I wouldn't get blinkered by rock/metal though, as although it's not my cup of tea some pumped up adrenaline electro would really fit also (better still, one of those bands who combine the 2!)

I think the first thing I can physically do is just start to generate some more rough visual styles for any print/web presentation and sort out the header now I have a better idea of what the project's about.

The only other ideas I have for the actual video are perhaps to flesh out the main narrative for a dvd or the public view such as some sort of cool motion graphics sequence for an introduction like introducing the theory and ideas behind parkour/freerunning, which I think is quite important to appreciate the whole thing, and describing the purpose of the project.
Also as mentioned by the lads perhaps mix in some plain footage at the beginning/end (to allow for some longer shots) and then perhaps after the main feature and 'making of' documentary to show how the green screen stuff was done and how hard the lads work at their sport.

I recently learned some after effects basics so I could do the introduction and any typography (credits etc.) if needs be to take some of the workload off adam who's going to be editing everything together. Dave's seen my after effects stuff (not much yet) but I'll endeavour to get it up on youtube asap if anyone wants a look. I've been wanting to use the skills I have to do a title sequence actually so hopefully this is a good idea?

*edit - just set up a blog: biennialfreerunnergraphicdesign.blogspot.com

there's nothing on there yet, any work I do I'll post here anyway as it's more for my own use as a journal for the project, feel free to drop in and see what's going on though, and dave w can you add it to the links there >>>>

Cheers, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment