Wednesday 13 August 2008

Web update

Thought I'd get these out the way today then I can just do a bit of relaxing illustration for the band on friday when I'm hung over :)

1) Tried incorporating the menu into the header, i think it could work if I spent a bit longer sorting it out, but you'd lose the hints of the coloured zones once you navigate away from the main page with the splash images on.
















2)
Shifted the oringal menu up and the content down to give a bit of breathing room, the height of the image is 700px, and I think we have a bit of leeway with that anyway don't we? Sorted the type out on this one, the only thing I had to slightly change was 'De La Salle School's 08 Liverpool Biennial entry' (the 08 has moved before LivBi instead of after) just to fit within 2 lines. I've changed the placeholder image to one of the rough end scenes

















3)
I think there's plenty of room within the one page to write a quick bio and details, then have some images pop up with the text on rollover, I think having all the info there at the same time will be a bit much - wall of text.
The course/job info would be there all the time but I don't have that info yet, that can be added later.
Any chance Dave B's could just be post-production to keep the typography nice? I think this page can stay contained and quite compact rather than have individual profile pages, what do you reckon? I can't think of too much more info that would be necessary, if people (me) don't have websites but have a pdf potfolio, could clicking the box result in a download of that as opposed to opening a site?

















cheers matt

No comments:

Post a Comment