Monday 18 August 2008

Charmin' doodles

Hi Matt,

Hope this clarifies things more...

Project page - will there be content in the three spare boxes eventually?

Thanks for bringing this bit up as this is certainly something I forgot to state. Each of the boxes on this page will feature, like on the team page,a brief profile of the DLS crew. 1 box for each lad (alphabetically I think) and the last for Jo. (Take the lads photos from the roof top shot where they're all standing together and you can get Jo's on Friday.) Links to the sub-pages will be available from the dropdown menu and as hyper links in the initial text introduction. The lads (being only 14) wont have any links but a quote about freerunning. Again lorem ipsum this bit.

Jo is writing the content for the 5 sub-pages and I didn't write down the working titles. All 5 pages will have content but as explained (hopefully) above these are different to the main project page's boxes.

Yes I know that was some really important info. Whoops!

Project Sub pages - (see below)

These are the same as the archive page layouts.

Archive Page - Same layout as Team & Project?

I think for the main page layout it needs enough room for text to put this section into context so maybe this page needs to be like the 1st sketch on the right hand column of sketches (a 1-column image, 1 blank column and then text spanning 3-columns).

Archive sub pages - Do you just want a variety of grids with placeholder images and lorem ipsum? will these also apply to the project sub pages? How many variations? good old 5? :)

5 of the best I think. Yes these are the same as the project sub-pages. I didn't make that clear.

Extras main page - would this not be cleaner using the grey boxes from the team page rather than 10 very textured boxes? (could have 1 shade for SH and another for DLS)

I saw this as using a simpler form of those main page boxes, maybe not with so much angularity or edging. One row of 5 on top of the other. The top row would have one tonal variation for DLS whilst the Team row would have another. The header text in each box would be a simple title with a informative image chosen to appear inside it to sum up what will be seen. Try it with placeholder images and rough text. I'll add the content into the PSD file before giving it to Alan.

Extras sub pages - am I right in thinking most of these will be image galleries with a similar layout to the video page? Shall I just provide 2 template layouts: one for vid and one for images?

I think in this case only one template will be needed. Just include a row of thumbnail images below the screen area. Just so we can have them in case that's the way we want to do it, include a forward and back triangle like on the video controller. Alan has demonstrated a viewing method using code on his website I think we'll end up using. We may use the triangles, or not, but it's best to have them in the artwork just in case.

I think a linear check list of each page I actually need to would help me so I just go through and tick them off as I go through and keep the photoshop document organised.

That's a good suggestion and something I've used in the past myself. I won't be able to get on to that until tomorrow evening so in the meantime can you have a go at implementing my attempts at clarification above.

---------------------------------

Motion graphics

Did you listen to the track I e-mailed to you? I've managed to get all the credits running at a legible speed to fit in with the 4 mins(ish), there might be another couple of seconds added when we have the track info but I can just time remap the comp and shave them off again, spread across 40 odd layers of text you won't notice the extra speed so the time of the rough edit will be exactly the same.

I think its best to sort this out on Friday.

Do you just want lossless QT files of the titles and credits?
If you mean for Friday yes that would be fine.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes :-) If in doubt use placeholders and lorem text. I will have to do a lot of the finishing off myself before giving the PSDs to Alan. As you'll find on future (paid) jobs the client (me in this case) hasn't got their act together and is making it up as they go along. '-) Clients eh? Bastards!

1 comment:

  1. certainly will, thanks for clearing those things up, think I know what I'm doing for now anyway

    ReplyDelete