Friday 25 April 2008

Progress update

I've talked to my line manager who is supportive of the idea and has advised me on who else to speak to with St Helens College.

Below is my progress so far:

  • Proposed idea to be video kids freerunning, filmed via bluescreen and composited into a 3D environment and made into a looped video??? for biennial deadline;

    See post below…

  • Dave to get things sourced regarding blue screen and video (maybe Edge Hill collaboration);

    Ongoing (FACT has been sourced as an initial facility to do some tests in)

  • Dave to draw up 3 design plans regarding students working on the level design;

    Ongoing

  • Dave to discuss access, H&S/insurance etc for July access to facilities with college management


  • I have a contact to discuss this. I've emailed her for information.


That's me done for the weekend. I see you also like Lamb! Small world.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, that is just fantastic! Sophie's right you do give your all when your working on something! The deadline can be the end of summer - aug, we just have to leave enough time to ensure its completed, is what we want etc so it may be an idea to say end of July or early aug so were not rushing. Saw Sophie today and she mentioned that FACT are having free blue screen days in May, that could be a possibility but the Edge Hill link could be much stronger. I absolutley love Lamb, I love Regina Spektor and Amelie also but I thought if I put that on my profile you'll think im a right copycat!! Have a good un!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that blue screen room. I'll make contact with FACT and see if it may be possible to use the facility as an experiment to capture some footage. Edge Hill or Barnsley may still be the best bet.

    ReplyDelete